AECF (Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund) is a leading non-profit development organisation that supports innovative enterprises in the agribusiness and renewable energy sectors with the aim of reducing rural poverty, promoting resilient communities and creating jobs.
We catalyze the private sector by surfacing and commercializing new ideas, business models and technologies designed to increase agricultural productivity, improve farmer incomes, expand clean energy access, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve resilience to the effects of climate change. We finance high risk businesses that struggle to access commercial funding; we are committed to working in frontier markets, fragile contexts, and high-risk economies where few mainstream financing institutions dare to go.
Over the course of 13 years, we have supported over 375 businesses in 26 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, impacted more than 30 million lives, created over 27,000 direct jobs, and leveraged US $771 million in matching funds.
The Country Programme Lead will be responsible for leading AECF’s efforts to support market systems in South Sudan with a main focus on the overall management of the Investing in Women South Sudan programme which includes; delivery of programme results, efficient management of financial resources, monitoring, and evaluation, coordination with project implementing partners and reporting to the funding partner.
The role will report to the Sector Lead – Agribusiness.
- Representing AECF in South Sudan, developing close and effective links with government, local administration, donors, and other key local stakeholders, including the development of proposals for future funding.
- Take the lead in team management for Investing in Women South Sudan and prudent execution of the programme activities in line with the approved proposal and budget.
- Continuing to build collaborative relationships with implementing partners, overseeing the execution of agreed program tasks, and ensuring that wider programme objectives are met.
- Continuing to engage with the private sector and other stakeholders in identifying potential investee companies to complement the existing portfolio.
- Support the portfolio companies (agribusinesses) to develop their business cases incorporating climate-smart technologies, innovations, and solutions that will support gender transformation for women in the country.
- Plan and use resources (people and/or finance and/or physical assets) in accordance with AECF guidelines and delegated accountability so that objectives are achieved in the most effective manner possible.
- Coordinate capacity needs assessments for the design of Technical Assistance and Business Development Service products and monitor the delivery of the same.
Represent AECF in all in-country activities with key stakeholders.
Suitable candidates should:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, or any other relevant field.
- Have at least seven (7) years programme management experience in one or more of the following areas: finance, agriculture, agribusiness, SME finance, rural financial services, and adaptation to climate change.
- Have a good understanding and working experience in fragile contexts and a proven track record working with Agri SMEs.
- Possess experience in managing gender-responsive programmes/investments is essential. Experience working with Global Affairs Canada will be particularly important.
- Have experience in value chain development, climate-smart agriculture, and agribusiness finance.
- Possess experience working in South Sudan.
- Possess excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to prepare proposals, reports, and concept papers to a high level of proficiency.